How a Naturalization Lawyer Can Help
Although there are several online resources that cater to individuals that wish to apply for citizenship, it is not always easy to do it on your own nor is it easy to determine eligibility.
There are several steps to take when it comes to applying for citizenship in the United States. Additionally, it is important that you have a clear understanding of what to do, as it is a very complex process. With that being said, something that may sound simple is actually very complicated and it is important that you get help from a Pasadena citizenship lawyer to avoid any delays, misunderstandings, or voidances when submitting documents.
Here are some very important factors in regards to why you should hire a naturalization lawyer Pasadena:
Are You Eligible for Naturalization?
Although this may sound like a silly question, the eligibility requirements are not that simple. Naturalization requires the following for basic eligibility:
- A period of time as a permanent resident (typically five years; however, some cases may require less)
- Proof of good moral character during that period of time
- Physical presence in the United States for at least half of that period
Additionally, to be eligible, you must pass the United States civics exam and prove that you are able to write and read English. You can take practice tests or watch sample interviews online to get a better idea.
Although the list of requirements do not sound complex, there are several issues that can arise that you may not be aware of, including the following:
- If you were not in the U.S. for at least a year, your physical presence time gets reset
- If you owe taxes, this does not fulfill the “good moral character requirement”
- If you failed to support your dependents, then you may be ineligible
It does not necessarily have to be a crime for your eligibility to fail, therefore, you must keep these few examples in mind.
Is Your Case Complicated or Risky?
There are several instances in which one may be ineligible for naturalization, which include the following but are not limited to:
- Prior arrests
- Prior convictions
- Failing to pay taxes
- Failing to support your children
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding this matter.
What to Do Next
If you do not have a criminal background and you have maintained a good record, then you may be able to file on your own; however, keep in mind that the process has gotten more difficult over time. This is why it is in your best interest to leave it in the hands of a Pasadena naturalization attorney, such as someone from our team at Alami Law. We have practiced immigration law for years and are extremely knowledgeable when it comes to these cases. You will feel confident knowing that we are helping you every step of the way, so you do not run into any problems that can potentially jeopardize your case.
Contact a Pasadena Citizenship Lawyer
If you are in need of legal help regarding your naturalization case, or any immigration case for that matter, we are here to help. We know exactly what it takes to make sure that our clients avoid any issues when it comes to applying for naturalization. It can be a very nerve wracking process, which is why you should never feel the need to have to deal with it on your own. It is imperative that you have a full understanding of the process so you can avoid any mistakes.
By hiring an immigration lawyer Pasadena, we will make sure to never leave any stone unturned for our clients. It is important for our clients to understand every part of their case, and we will be sure to provide a great understanding so there is never any confusion. Additionally, we are always available for our clients, so if they have any questions or concerns, we are here to help every step of the way.
If you or someone you know is in need of a reputable naturalization attorney, feel free to call us any time to get the help that you need so you can go through this process seamlessly. Contact our team at Alami Law today.
- In 2018, around 600,000 applications for citizenship were denied. If you have already obtained a green card and you are applying for citizenship in the United States, you may be concerned that you might lose your green card if your application is denied. However, in most cases, the reason for a denied application for citizenship … Continue reading "What Happens If You Get Denied for Citizenship?"Read More »
- Deportation happens when the federal government removes an immigrant from the United State. It is applicable to both documented and undocumented immigrants with the basis for the removal based on the U.S. immigration law. You will get a chance to defend yourself against the deportation charges with the help of an immigration lawyer in Los … Continue reading "Why Do People Get Deported?"Read More »
- The U.S has many more immigrants than any other state in the world. More than 40 million people living in the U.S today were born in another country. 35% of the population in Los Angeles is immigrants. These immigrants include Latinos and Chinese. The following immigrant statuses exist in the U.S: Naturalized Citizen These are … Continue reading "What are the Categories of Immigrants"Read More »