Pasadena Citizenship Lawyer
The basics of obtaining citizenship via naturalization can be a complicated process. And simply said, it is a process wherein a non-citizen voluntarily becomes a citizen of the United States. It also provides new U.S. citizens the opportunity to show their allegiance to the United States and are entitled to its protection as well as exercising their rights, such as voting in politial elections and serving on a jury.If an individual does not gain U.S. citizenship by birth or descent, that person may achieve it through naturalization, which involves meeting certain language, moral character and residency criteria by way of a specialized legal process. In order to become a naturalized citizen, all foreign nationals must be lawful permanent residents for a period of five years (three years if you are a spouse of an American citizen.) Also, during this time he or she must be present in this country a minimum of fifty percent of the time. Applicants must also be at least eighteen years old in order to apply for citizenship.
Hiring an immigration attorney with years of experience to assist and advise you on your new journey to becoming a new American citizen is very important. Since there are various requirements for American citizenship, your immigration attorney can be your best asset, an invaluable resource.
Basic CriteriaYou Need to Meet to Qualify for U.S Citizenship
this list is not exclusive
- You must be a lawful permanent resident for at least five years. If your card has expired, it must be renewed before applying for naturalization;
- You must be at least18 years or older at the time of filing;
- You must be able to read, write and speak basic English (unless you qualify for an age or disability-related exception); and
- You must be a person of good moral character, among other criteria.
- It is possible for an immigration officer to determine whether or not a person should be removed from the United States. However, many immigrants will want the opportunity to tell their story in front of an immigration judge. It’s unfortunate, but a foreign national may not be afforded this right. When this happens, it is … Continue reading "Deportation Without a Hearing"Read More »
- Individuals who want to begin the process of naturalization to become a citizen of the United States often find it stressful. All applicants must prove they are eligible. They will also be required to pass a naturalization test. It will require them to answer some civics questions as well as demonstrate their proficiency with reading … Continue reading "Free Naturalization Preparation Resources"Read More »
- There are many things that business owners should take into consideration before hiring someone. The main thing you want to do is select the person who is best for the job. The United States workforce is becoming more diverse because more immigrants are coming to the country. It is important to weigh the pros and … Continue reading "Pros And Cons of Employment Based Immigration"Read More »