Pasadena Citizenship Lawyer
The basics of obtaining citizenship via naturalization can be a complicated process. And simply said, it is a process wherein a non-citizen voluntarily becomes a citizen of the United States. It also provides new U.S. citizens the opportunity to show their allegiance to the United States and are entitled to its protection as well as exercising their rights, such as voting in politial elections and serving on a jury.If an individual does not gain U.S. citizenship by birth or descent, that person may achieve it through naturalization, which involves meeting certain language, moral character and residency criteria by way of a specialized legal process. In order to become a naturalized citizen, all foreign nationals must be lawful permanent residents for a period of five years (three years if you are a spouse of an American citizen.) Also, during this time he or she must be present in this country a minimum of fifty percent of the time. Applicants must also be at least eighteen years old in order to apply for citizenship.
Hiring an immigration attorney with years of experience to assist and advise you on your new journey to becoming a new American citizen is very important. Since there are various requirements for American citizenship, your immigration attorney can be your best asset, an invaluable resource.
Basic CriteriaYou Need to Meet to Qualify for U.S Citizenship
this list is not exclusive
- You must be a lawful permanent resident for at least five years. If your card has expired, it must be renewed before applying for naturalization;
- You must be at least18 years or older at the time of filing;
- You must be able to read, write and speak basic English (unless you qualify for an age or disability-related exception); and
- You must be a person of good moral character, among other criteria.
- Oath of Allegiance – what is it? The Oath of Allegiance to the United States is a sworn declaration that every person applying for citizenship must recite during a formal ceremony – for him or her to become a naturalized citizen of the US. The following are the duties the person taking the oath … Continue reading "Preparing for the U.S. Citizenship Oath of Allegiance Ceremony"Read More »
- Are you struggling to clear a path toward getting your green card? Alami Law is here to help you. We can provide you with the employment immigration attorney who can get you the green card you need to clear your way toward becoming a citizen of the United States. What Are the Categories for Employment … Continue reading "Green Cards for Employment Based Immigrants"Read More »
- What stops immigrants from filling out the application for citizenship? Such a misguided suggestion fails to account for how no available regular channel exists for prospective immigrants, and you don’t have a channel whatsoever for unauthorized immigrants. You have unauthorized immigrants who have worked and lived in the United States for over 15 years. Many … Continue reading "Why Don’t Immigrants Apply for Citizenship"Read More »