Need Criminal Immigration Defense in Pasadena? We Can Get You Justice
Pasadena Crimincal and Immigration Lawyer
Here is what you need to know:
The first thing you need is a clean record. You may already have a valid green card and place of residence, but you still need a clean record. Immigration and crime go hand-in-hand. Those who have been convicted of a certain crime or will be convicted might be in danger of having their green card revoked or being deported.
ARE YOU CONSIDERED A CITIZEN YET? YOU NEED TO HIRE A CRIMINAL IMMIGRATION LAWYER. WHAT CRIMES WILL COST YOU YOUR GREEN CARD AND LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENCE IN THE U.S.?
Committing a Crime is Like Anything Else in Life--Some Crimes Will Carry More Weight Than Others. What is Considered a Major Crime?
Immigration and Crime: Eight Crimes That Will Lead to Deportation
- 1 Money laundering is a serious offense and you need a criminal immigration lawyer. Money laundering is when you make money that is obtained illegally appear to be clean. Money laundering typically will include foreign banks and businesses used as a cover.
- 2 Sexual assault or battery is considered a major offense, and you will need an immigration attorney in Los Angeles. Sexual battery is when you coerce someone to have sex with you against their will. Sexual assault is often linked to rape.
- 3 Domestic violence is another major crime that will lead to deportation if convicted. Domestic violence is when a person participates in patterns of abuse or violence at home. You will need an experienced criminal immigration attorney in Los Angeles if you face these charges.
- 4Are you facing murder or manslaughter charges? Murder is when you intentionally kill someone for a reason. Manslaughter is when you kill someone unintentionally through various actions.
- 5 Fraud is when you intentionally omit information for financial and personal gain, usually to deceive others.
- 6 Are you facing theft charges? Theft or robbery is when you take from someone else intentionally. Theft is a serious crime, no matter the reasons.
- 7 Alien smuggling is when you help a foreigner enter the country illegally. Any immigrant caught assisting an undocumented person enter the country without going through the proper channels will face serious charges and lose your green card.
- 8 A firearms conviction is any situation involving the use of a firearm, usually obtained illegally.
In addition, we get a lot of questions about DUI convictions and whether or not it can lead to deportation. When it comes to DUI convictions and deportation, it depends on the circumstances of the scenario. Read more about DUI and deportation.
What happens when your crime is a petty offense or a one-time thing? You might be able to get your case argued to avoid deportation. You will need your lawyer's help.
POST-CONVICTION RELIEF VERSUS EXPUNGEMENT
Expungement is when your case is sealed or erased in the eyes of the law. Expungements are generally not useful for immigration related matters because they are not recognized in the eyes of immigration law. Getting something erased because you completed your sentence is almost meaningless in U.S. immigration law.
To the contrary, post-conviction relief is when your past criminal history will be used in your defense. Did past counsel mishandle your case? The legal system might not have been made clear to you. You need a highly trained criminal immigration attorney in to accomplish this.
Why You Should Choose Alami Law
1) We will not treat you like a number. You will be treated as a person should be treated.
2) We will look at the big picture. We know the law sometimes throws people under the bus for no reason. We will always have your best interests in mind.
3) We have professionals in our firm that were once in your shoes. We know what you are going through. As long as you are honest with us, we will be honest with you and dedicate our time, effort, and resources to succeeding in your case.
Contact Our Team Today
If you are unsure if you are eligible for a green card or lawful permanent residence in the U.S., it is in your best interest to seek help from an attorney who specializes in immigration law. Our team will be able to provide you with the legal advice you need and deserve. We will be able to explain to you the types of crimes that make immigrants inadmissible, along with other important information you may need to know about petty offenses and immigration. We understand the law and it is best to speak to someone who has experience in handling these types of cases. To avoid the risk of immigration detention, contact our team today.
- In 2018, around 600,000 applications for citizenship were denied. If you have already obtained a green card and you are applying for citizenship in the United States, you may be concerned that you might lose your green card if your application is denied. However, in most cases, the reason for a denied application for citizenship … Continue reading "What Happens If You Get Denied for Citizenship?"Read More »
- Deportation happens when the federal government removes an immigrant from the United State. It is applicable to both documented and undocumented immigrants with the basis for the removal based on the U.S. immigration law. You will get a chance to defend yourself against the deportation charges with the help of an immigration lawyer in Los … Continue reading "Why Do People Get Deported?"Read More »
- The U.S has many more immigrants than any other state in the world. More than 40 million people living in the U.S today were born in another country. 35% of the population in Los Angeles is immigrants. These immigrants include Latinos and Chinese. The following immigrant statuses exist in the U.S: Naturalized Citizen These are … Continue reading "What are the Categories of Immigrants"Read More »