Pasadena Crimincal and Immigration Lawyer
Here is what you need to know
The first thing you need is a clean record. You may already have a valid green card and place of residence, but you still need a clean record. Immigration and crime go hand-in-hand. Those who have been convicted of a certain crime or will be convicted might be in danger of having their green card revoked or being deported.
Are you considered a citizen yet? You need to hire a criminal immigration lawyer. What crimes will cost you your green card and lawful permanent residence in the U.S.?
Committing a crime is like anything else in life, some crimes will carry more weight than others. What is considered a major crime? You will find several examples below.
Immigration and Crime: Eight Crimes That Will Lead to Deportation
- 1 Money laundering is a serious offense and you need a criminal immigration lawyer. Money laundering is when you make money that is obtained illegally appear to be clean. Money laundering typically will include foreign banks and businesses used as a cover.
- 2 Sexual assault or battery is considered a major offense, and you will need an immigration attorney in Los Angeles. Sexual battery is when you coerce someone to have sex with you against their will. Sexual assault is often linked to rape.
- 3 Domestic violence is another major crime that will lead to deportation if convicted. Domestic violence is when a person participates in patterns of abuse or violence at home. You will need an experienced criminal immigration attorney in Los Angeles if you face these charges.
- 4Are you facing murder or manslaughter charges? Murder is when you intentionally kill someone for a reason. Manslaughter is when you kill someone unintentionally through various actions.
- 5 Fraud is when you intentionally omit information for financial and personal gain, usually to deceive others.
- 6 Are you facing theft charges? Theft or robbery is when you take from someone else intentionally. Theft is a serious crime, no matter the reasons.
- 7 Alien smuggling is when you help a foreigner enter the country illegally. Any immigrant caught assisting an undocumented person enter the country without going through the proper channels will face serious charges and lose your green card.
- 8 A firearms conviction is any situation involving the use of a firearm, usually obtained illegally.
What happens when your crime is a petty offense or a one-time thing? You might be able to get your case argued to avoid deportation. You will need your lawyer's help.
Post-Conviction Relief Versus Expungement
Expungement is when your case is sealed or erased in the eyes of the law. Expungements are generally not useful for immigration related matters because they are not recognized in the eyes of immigration law. Getting something erased because you completed your sentence is almost meaningless in U.S. immigration law.
To the contrary, post-conviction relief is when your past criminal history will be used in your defense. Did past counsel mishandle your case? The legal system might not have been made clear to you. You need a highly trained criminal immigration attorney in to accomplish this.
Why You Should Choose Alami Law?
1) We will not treat you like a number. You will be treated as a person should be treated.
2) We will look at the big picture. We know the law sometimes throws people under the bus for no reason. We will always have your best interests in mind.
3) We have professionals in our firm that were once in your shoes. We know what you are going through. As long as you are honest with us, we will be honest with you and dedicate our time, effort, and resources to succeeding in your case.
- What Does an Immigration Lawyer Do? Immigration lawyers maintain a different type of practice in comparison to other lawyers. They’re involved with clients who are experiencing difficulty either entering or remaining in the United States. On that basis, immigration lawyers are often active as consultants and advisers to foreign nationals who must obtain various types … Continue reading "What Does an Immigration Lawyer Do?"Read More »
- Can a U Visa Lead to a Green Card? Immigrants can be victims of serious crimes and intimidation. According to our immigrant visa lawyer Pasadena, the federal government realized that it had some significant problems in obtaining the testimony of non-immigrant victims against the people who committed crimes against them. When it became time for … Continue reading "Can a U Visa Lead to a Green Card?"Read More »
- How To Study In The U.S. As An Immigrant Throughout the world, it goes without saying that the United States has the best system of education for its students. Because of this, people from various nations want to come to the U.S. to pursue educational opportunities. But before doing so, there are many steps that … Continue reading "Study In The U.S. As An Immigrant"Read More »