Getting Rid of Uncertainty

Immigration rules, laws, and regulations have changed significantly over the last few years. However, the country still welcomes highly-skilled people. If you are a student, entrepreneur, consultant, or non-profit worker, it is possible for you to enter the United States on a non-immigrant visa. If you are a company or organization that needs the expertise of such individuals to advance your aims, then you should seek the advice and assistance of a non immigrant visa lawyer Los Angeles.

There is no such thing as a guaranteed visa and you should not assume that the process of obtaining one will be quick and seamless. Even if you have gone to a government website and studied the requirements yourself, there will be nuances and statutes that you will be unable to detect or discover for yourself. A non immigrant visa lawyer Los Angeles can do this work for you. They can provide you with the insight and guidance you need to apply for the right visa.

Types of Non-Immigrant Visas

  1. H-1B Visa This is one of the most popular visas for highly-trained and skilled non-U.S. citizens to obtain. To qualify for it you must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and have received a job offer by a company. You must be able to prove that the position requires your particular training, knowledge and education. This latter requirement is often met by having the company that hired you vouch for your importance to their business.
  2. O-1 Visa If you have attained national or international success and acclaim in your field, you may be eligible for this visa. This is the visa of choice for scientists, artists, speakers, and other public figures who are in demand.
  3. 3TN-NAFTA Visa If you are Canadian or Mexican professional who has been offered a job in the United States, you are eligible to apply for this visa.
  4. R-1 Visa If you are a recognized clergyman, religious activist or organizer, you can get authorization to come to the U.S. for 3 to 5 years with your family. You must be able to prove that you intend to work as a minister or in a religious vocation of some kind.
  5.  E-1 and E-2 Visa If you are a citizen of a country with which the U.S. has a commercial treaty, you can come to the country to invest, manage, and oversee the investment of capital in an American-based business. You may be able to obtain visas for certain employees as well.
  6.  B-1 and B-2 Visas These visas allow you to come to the country for a short-term for business or pleasure. You can apply directly to the U.S. consulate nearest you.
  7. Visa Waiver ProgramCitizens from 26 countries are able to enter the United States without applying for a visa. They can stay for up to 90 days. Many of these countries are in Europe, so if you are from one of them you should check to see if you can do this.
  8.  A  L-1 Visa If you are an executive, manager, or highly-skilled professional working in a global company, you can apply for this visa. It will allow you stay in the country until you have completed your transaction or remain for a longer period of time.

How an Immigration Visa Lawyer Los Angeles Can Help

The above section describes some of the many types of non-immigration visas that are possible to obtain. The nature of your work may fall into more than one category. In that instance, you may need help in deciding which visa to apply for. An immigration visa lawyer Los Angeles will look at the specifics of your scenario and give you sound and intelligent counsel.

VISA ATTORNEYS Los Angeles can help you sort out visas for your family. This can often be the hardest part of the process. If you are staying in the country for more than a few months, you may want to get a visa for your spouse or children. It is sometimes possible to do this after you have arrived and extended your original visa. If you are on a visa that allows you to stay for some years, and the work that you are doing requires it, visa attorneys Los Angeles can help you bring your family over.

Contact Us

If you have business in the United States or plan to study in the country, you need legal help and advice. Only the BEST IMMIGRATION LAWYERS Los Angelescan provide you with this kind of expertise and only the best immigration lawyers Los Angeles can help you get the non-immigration visa you need. Contact us today.