What is Required for a Non-Immigrant Visa?

There are several types of non-immigrant visa requirements that are available depending on one’s circumstances, including non-immigrant visas for tourists, students, business travelers, and future spouses. Therefore, depending on which non-immigrant visa that you wish to apply for, the requirements may vary.

If you have any questions regarding this process, do not hesitate to reach out to a non immigrant visa lawyer. By doing so, you will have the legal help that you need in order for a seamless process.

How to Apply for a Business Traveler or Tourism Visitor Visa

If you plan to visit the U.S. for a short period of time for business or tourism, then a visitor or a transit visa may be best for you. In order for you to obtain a visitor or a transit visa, these are the steps that you should follow:

Determine if you need a visa

If your country participates in the U.S. Visa Waiver Program, then you will not need a non-immigrant visa to visit the U.S. However, if your country is not on the U.S., then you will need a non-immigrant visa to visit the U.S.

Determine if you need a visa

If your country participates in the U.S. Visa Waiver Program, then you will not need a non-immigrant visa to visit the U.S. However, if your country is not on the U.S., then you will need a non-immigrant visa to visit the U.S.

Find out which visa you will need

Normally, most business and tourism travelers use visas that are classified as B-1 and B-2 visitor visas. B-1 visas are for business travelers that come to the U.S. specifically to consult with business associates, attend a conference,, negotiate a contract, and other business deals. Whereas B-2 visas are for tourists on vacation or people seeking medical treatment, participate in a competition with no pay in return, or attend a social event.
The K-1 or Fiance visa are for citizens of another country who are engaged to be married to a U.S. citizen, and plan to live and marry in the U.S. The U.S. citizen must petition for the K-1 visa on behalf of their spouse. The K-1 visa allows the non-citizen to marry his or her fiance within 90 days of arrival. However, after the 90 days have passed and you are not married to your fiance, you may face possible deportation. Once the marriage is final, you are allowed to apply for a permanent resident green card.

In addition, there are transit visas, which are actually less common. They are known as the Transit C visa and the Transit C-1, D, and C-1/D visas. The Transit C visa is for foreigners that are traveling through the U.S. briefly to get to another country. The Transit C-1, D, and C-1/D visas are for crew members of international airlines or watercrafts that are traveling through the U.S.

Applying for a visa

Depending on which U.S. Embassy or Consulate that you visit, the process of applying for a visa will vary. There are specific instructions that may vary depending on the country that you are in.
However, generally, most will need the following:

  1. A completed DS-160 online form, which is the non-immigrant visa application
  2. A photo I.D.
  3. Visa application fee
  4. Schedule an interview

Contact an Experienced non immigrant visa lawyer
If you or a loved one is facing issues or has any questions regarding obtaining a non-immigrant visa, it is very important that you contact a knowledgeable non immigrant visa lawyer to get legal help. This process can be extremely tricky and in order for you to not make any mistakes along the way, an immigration visa lawyer is necessary. This way, you will feel confident in filling out paperwork, filing items, or whatever tasks that are needed in order for you to successfully obtain a non-immigrant visa.

Our team at Alami Law Firm has plenty of experience in handling these types of cases for our clients, which is why we are known as the top visa attorneys Los Angeles. It is our duty to get people help that they need and make sure that they have a seamless, stress-free process while doing so. Our job is to handle the legalities of the process, so that you do not have to. Feel free to contact us to speak to a immigration lawyer Los Angeles any time–we are here for you every step of the way.

How an Immigration Visa Lawyer Los Angeles Can Help

The above section describes some of the many types of non-immigration visas that are possible to obtain. The nature of your work may fall into more than one category. In that instance, you may need help in deciding which visa to apply for. An immigration visa lawyer Los Angeles will look at the specifics of your scenario and give you sound and intelligent counsel.

VISA ATTORNEYS Los Angeles  can help you sort out visas for your family. This can often be the hardest part of the process. If you are staying in the country for more than a few months, you may want to get a visa for your spouse or children. It is sometimes possible to do this after you have arrived and extended your original visa. If you are on a visa that allows you to stay for some years, and the work that you are doing requires it, visa attorneys Los Angeles can help you bring your family over.

Contact Us

If you have business in the United States or plan to study in the country, you need legal help and advice. Only the BEST IMMIGRATION LAWYERS Los Angeles can provide you with this kind of expertise and only the best immigration lawyers Los Angeles can help you get the non-immigration visa you need. Contact us today.