In the United States and other countries, applying for a non-immigrant work visa is an option for those who are applying for specific jobs. For instance, those who have a degree in higher education who work in a specific occupation have the opportunity to apply for an H-1B Person in Speciality Occupation visa. Additionally, those who would like to work as a seasonal agricultural employee can apply for an H-2A Temporary Agricultural Worker visa. If you are interested in obtaining a nonimmigrant work visa, then your employer must complete the necessary forms prior to paying a filing fee.

When completing these types of documents, it is important for employers and their employees to speak to a non immigrant visa lawyer. By getting legal help from an immigration visa lawyer, you will get the guidance from a skilled attorney who deals with these regularly. A skilled team of visa attorneys Los Angeles will be able to help you figure out what classification you will need in order for an employee to be able to work in the United States.
At Alami Law, our knowledgeable non immigration visa lawyer will get you the help you need to complete the required paperwork successfully,
Here are the necessary steps to take in order to apply for a nonimmigrant work visa:

Contact Prospective Employer

It is essential that your employer fills out the necessary forms and submits them to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or the appropriate department that requests the forms. As an employer, you are considered the “beneficiary,” and you cannot file the forms yourself.

File for a Labor Condition Application (LCA)

If you are trying to obtain a H-1B visa for an employee, then you must file a Labor Condition Application (LCA) online with the Department of Labor or the appropriate department.

Get the Necessary Form

It is important to know that there are several different categories for temporary, nonimmigrant workers. Therefore, you must know which form is appropriate for what you need. In order for you to find the appropriate category for the form you need, go to the following link and you will find the list under “Temporary Workers.” the Form
The form that you will use depends on the category that you are part of. Several of the categories use Form I-129, which is the “Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker.” You have the option of downloading the form or you can order forms by dialing 1-800-870-3676. It is also important that you download the instructions, which contain important information based on how to fill out the forms thoroughly and correctly to avoid any mistakes. Keep in mind that these forms are free and you should never have to pay anyone for the forms.

Gather the Necessary Information

Filling out the form requires certain formation, so it’s important that you have all of the necessary information ready for when you do complete the paperwork. For instance, for Form-I-129, you will need the following information:

The above section describes some of the many types of non-immigration visas that are possible to obtain. The nature of your work may Name and address
Contact information (phone and email)
Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN), IRS Tax Number, or Social Security Number
Nonimmigrant Classification requested
The job title and the location (city and state)
The compensation that will be offered
The basis of the job, such as whether it is new employment or a continuation of employment that was approved in the past)
Petition/application receipt number
Name of the beneficiary (the employee)
The beneficiary’s contact information and Alien Registration Number
The beneficiary’s date of birth and location of birth

Completing the Form

When completing the form, make sure that you do not leave any spaces blank. If something is not applicable, then write “N/A” or “none.” Once you are done completing the form, make a duplicate to submit to the USCIS along with the original. Always make sure to keep a copy for your records as well.
Once the form is completed, make sure to pay the filing fee, which will depend on the form that you request. It can be paid by check or money order, and you must make the payment to “Department of Homeland Security.” Some other fees may apply, so it is imperative that you pay close attention to the details regarding filing fees, which can be found in the instructions of your form.

Mailing the Form

Depending on the form that you requested, that will determine where you will be mailing the form to. Our team at Alami Law can help you every step of the way. Contact us today to speak to an immigration lawyer Los Angeles.