Our Visa Attorneys Can Help You Obtain a Tourist Visa

US Visa Lawyer for Tourism

Individuals entering the United States as non-immigrants are often faced with complex legal situations. They must meet many standards and qualifications in order to enter the country and abide by strict laws to remain here legally during the period of their permitted stay. These individuals are sometimes restricted in their movements and what they can or cannot do in this country. Ignorance of the law may result in penalties or even deportation. By knowing more about non-immigrant visas and their respective restrictions with the assistance of an immigration lawyer in Los Angeles, people can navigate the immigration system and stay on the right side of the American government.

Types of Non-Immigrant Visas

There are a wide range of the types of non-immigrant visas available to those who qualify. Non-immigrant visas are granted for many different reasons. Each reason has a letter code and a certain number of restrictions along with them. If you are a student, entrepreneur, consultant, or non-profit worker, you may be able to get a non-immigrant visa.

Student visas are granted for educational purposes with the assumption that they will end once a person graduates or no longer attends school. International organizations and diplomatic groups can receive broad visas for their employees. Travel companies and individuals in airports on connecting flights can receive visas for short-term stays.

H-1B Visa For Specialty Workers

Another type of popular visa for non-immigrants is the H-1B Visa for specialty workers. These visas are for specialty occupations and allow individuals to work jobs in the United States for a particular period. Some visas are for skilled professionals that are needed in certain specialized fields. Others are for companies that have labor shortages and cannot fill positions in the United States.

All of these visas for non-immigrants have certain restrictions and criteria that have to be met. For instance, only a set number of visas for professionals are allowed every year. H-1B visas must be renewed at regular intervals and according to preset conditions. If the United States government determines that the job of the H-1B visa holder can just as easily be performed by an American, the visa may not be renewed and the non-immigrant visa holder may have to go home.

J-1 Visa and How to Obtain Waiver Of 2-Year Foreign Residency Requirement

The J-1 visa is designed to promote educational and cultural exchanges between the U.S. and other countries around the world. This visa is available for applicants that signed up through an approved program.

J-1 visas can lead to numerous opportunities, as it is geared primarily toward students, researchers, teachers, and similar professions. However, this visa has a two-year foreign residency requirement. For a chance at permanent citizenship, applicants must return home for two years prior before they are eligible to apply for a green card.

How Long Will The K-1 Fiancé Visa Take to Process?

The K-1 non-immigrant visa is an application for the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen. It allows the foreign citizen to travel to the U.S. and marry his or her sponsor within 90 days of arrival.

If you are a U.S. citizen and plan on getting married to your significant other, you can apply for this visa on their behalf. During the pandemic, the USCIS stopped processing applications. As things reopen, you should expect delays resulting in a serious backlog.

An Overview of The Process

Under normal circumstances, permanent residents submit Form I-129F. You must prove that you are an American citizen and provide evidence of your relationship. After submission, the agency will review it.

If approved, you will receive Form I-797 which acknowledges that they have received your petition. After this the agency will conduct a full review of the application and the supporting evidence. Finally, you will receive a petitioner approval notice.

A Guide to Getting the Student Visa U.S.

Student visas are available to foreigners that wish to study in the U.S. The type of visa you require will be determined by your course of study and the school you plan to attend.

Before applying for a student visa, you will need to go through a few important steps to ensure your visa gets approved, such as:

  • Applying for a Student and Exchange Visitor program (SEVP).
  • Getting confirmation that you can attend a school or university.
  • Registering through the U.S. Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).
  • Paying required fees.

The process may take longer than you expect. As a non-native, you should prepare at least three to five months before your course start date.

Requirements for Non-Immigrant Visas

Non-immigrant visa applications are overly complex, and it is important to speak to a US tourist visa lawyer in Los Angeles who specializes in these types of cases to ensure that you are following protocols to avoid making mistakes. Refer to this article for an overview of requirements and expectations. The following visas are offered for immigrants that plan on staying in the country for more than 90 days:

  • Student Visa
  • Business/Tourist Visa
  • Work Visa
  • Exchange Visitor Visa
  • Journalist and Media Visa

What is the PERM Labor Certification Process?

PERM labor certifications are important for employment-based sponsorships. Within this process, the Department of Labor and the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) work together in order for an employer to have the capability to sponsor a qualified foreign employee. The position that will be filled must be permanent, full time, and pay the prevailing wage for the occupation in their specific area.

Tourist Visas

More common types of visas are the B-Visas, or tourist visas. B-Visas are for people who are traveling for business or pleasure. An individual may receive this visa if he or she is going on a business trip or is an academic attending a conference. A lawyer for non-immigrant visas can help you determine whether you qualify to visit the United States.

What is the Visa Waiver Program?

The Visa Waiver Program allows most citizens or nationals the ability to travel to the United States for tourism or business for periods of 90 days or less without having to obtain a visa. However, you must be a citizen or national of the certain eligible countries in order for you to have the ability to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program.

Who Qualifies for Non-Immigrant Visas?

Typically, a non-immigrant visa is needed when a foreigner plans on staying in the country for more than 90 days. Immigrants can take advantage of the Visa Waiver Program if they stay in the country for less than three months. A few of the most well-known visas a lawyer for visitor immigration can help you apply for online are:

  • B-2 (tourism)
  • F-1 (student)
  • J (au pair)
  • K-1 (fiancé of a U.S. citizen)

How to Apply For a Non-Immigrant Work Visa

In the United States and other countries, applying for a non-immigrant work visa is an option for those who are applying for specific jobs. For instance, those who have a degree in higher education who work in a specific occupation have the opportunity to apply for an H-1B, which is for those who have a speciality occupation. Additionally, those who would like to work as a seasonal agricultural employee can apply for an H-2A, which is for a temporary agricultural worker visa. If you are interested in obtaining a nonimmigrant work visa, then your employer must complete the necessary forms prior to paying a filing fee. Find out more information about how to apply for a non-immigrant work visa.