Skip links
Blog Alami Law

Immigration law

Our law office stays updated with our country's ever-changing immigration laws. Most people will never be able to keep up with all these changing laws, rules, and guidelines and how often they change.

Our belief is that no one is illegal


How can I help you?

+1 818-434-6241

Legal Service

Helping immigrants achieve the American dream since 2004

Procedures of Deportation and Removal

Immigrants face removal from the United States if they are charged with a crime or if they are caught living or working in the United States illegally. Retaining an experienced and knowledgeable attorney is necessary if you wish to remain in the United States. At Amira Al-Alami law office, we offer quality representation to immigrants who want to avoid deportation or the immigration removal process and the possibility of losing their families. We provide advice and guidance on obtaining visas so people can stay in the U.S.

Removal hearings

Formally called removal proceedings in immigration courts, removal proceedings determine whether a migrant should be removed from the United States. During this proceeding, an immigration judge must decide whether a foreign national qualifies for removal or is eligible for relief under particular circumstances, including:

Accused immigrants choose to leave the country on their own.

Some individuals may be eligible for cancellation of removal if they meet the requirements noted above. These involve a specified number of years of residence in the United States, have good moral character, and show that removal of the foreign national would result in unusual hardship for qualifying relatives.

Some immigrants are in the United States to escape political, religious, or cultural pressure and may be in danger if they return to their country of origin.

We can help you legally change your status to a permanent resident, which can cancel removal proceedings. An experienced immigration attorney can be beneficial when it comes to avoiding deportation proceedings. Because we focus exclusively on immigration services, our Los Angeles-based practice is a solid choice for legal representation. We can defend you in deportation hearings. We handle all deportation proceedings for aliens and their families. Contact us to discuss your situation with attorney Amira Al-Alami. Her first consultation is free.

Lawful permanent residence

Adjustment of status Adjustment of status within the U.S. is available to immediate relatives of spouses or parents of U.S. citizens, provided the alien entered on a visa, even though the alien's authorized stay has expired. It is also available to foreign applicants who have obtained a labor certification indicating that there are no qualified or available Americans capable of performing the services the applicant completes and provided that the foreign applicant is in authorized status. Also, aliens with exceptional ability in the sciences or the arts may apply for adjustment of status if they are in authorized residence and can demonstrate that they possess widespread acclaim and international recognition requiring exceptional ability.

Consular Processing Permanent Residency

To qualify for permanent residence, an applicant must possess or be one of the following persons:

A spouse or minor child of a U.S. citizen.

An adult parent, child, or sibling of an adult U.S. citizen.

A spouse or minor child of a lawful permanent resident.

An employee of a U.S. employer who has received approval from the Department of Labor to hire.

A person of extraordinary or exceptional ability.

A refugee or asylee fleeing persecution.

An approved application in the visa lottery.

Usually, a personal interview is required for permanent residence before a U.S. Consul, who will review eligibility and confirm that the applicant is not inadmissible for a felony, a prior order of deportation, for reasons of public health, or suspected terrorism.


Entradas Temporales-Visas de No-Inmigrante

Las admisiones de forma temporal generalmente se mencionan con letras y números como:

B-2 (turistas)

E-1 y E-2 (comerciantes de tratados e inversores de tratados)

F-1 (estudiantes)

H-1B (profesionales temporales)

J-1 (visitantes de intercambio cultural)

K-1 (prometidos de ciudadanos)

L-1 (personas transferidas dentro de la empresa), etc.

Estos no inmigrantes deben convencer a un cónsul de que desean ingresar a los EE. UU. por un tiempo limitado, tiempo y para un propósito específico. Todos los solicitantes no inmigrantes, excepto los trabajadores (H-1), los trabajadores trasladados dentro de la misma empresa (L-1) y (V) los miembros de la familia deben demostrar que no van a vivir aquí permanentemente. Por lo general, se requieren entrevistas personales.

visa u sello

Visa Waivers

Los extranjeros que llegan como visitantes de 27 países, como Australia, Francia, Alemania, Italia, Japón, Nueva Zelanda y Suiza, no están obligados a obtener una visa de un consulado de EE.UU. en el extranjero. A estos participantes se les permite la entrada por 3 meses; no se permiten extensiones o cambios de estado a menos que el extranjero se case con un ciudadano de EE. UU.


Categorías para Ajuste de Estatus / Procesamiento Consular para Residencia Permanente Legal

Peticiones basadas en el empleo

EB-1 Ejecutivos multinacionales / Investigadores y habilidades extraordinarias.

EB-2 Profesionales con estudios avanzados.

B-3 Trabajadores calificados, Profesionales con títulos básicos y «otros trabajadores». Categoria-A Enfermeras y fisioterapeutas.

EB-4 Trabajadores Religiosos.

EB-5 Inversión.

PERM Certificación laboral.

Peticiones basadas en la familia

Cónyuges / hijos / y padres de ciudadanos de los EE. UU.

This visa category allows immediate family members of United States citizens to immigrate without waiting in a quota or preference line. Mere marriage to a United States citizen or permanent resident does not automatically create resident status in the United States. The United States relative must file a petition on behalf of the alien relative, and the alien relative must undergo a US government interview for admission to the United States as an immigrant.

Sistema de preferencias

However, ties more distant than a spouse or parent of a United States citizen require an individual to apply for their visa through a number of categories, may or may not be in effect at the time the visa application is approved. person. A United States citizen must be at least 21 years old in order to immigrate a relative.

There are FOUR family-based basic categories

Adult sons and daughters of US citizens

Spouses and adult sons and daughters of lawful permanent residents or green card holders

Married children of United States citizens

Brothers and sisters of United States citizens

Un ciudadano de EE. UU. Puede presentar la petición a nombre de su:

Esposo, esposa o hijo menor de 21 años

An unmarried child over the age of 21

Married child of any age

Brother or sister if the US citizen is at least 21 years old

A parent if the US citizen is at least 21 years old

Under INA 201(b), the spouse, parent, or child (under the age of 21) of the US citizen is considered an immediate relative, and as such, a NO preference fee is required. Also, under tough new adjustment laws, a United States citizen can petition for their immediate relative, even if their relative has lost their status. The immediate family member must have entered the United States legally.

A lawful permanent resident may file the petition on behalf of their:

Husband or wife and/or

Single son

The US Department of State regularly publishes an online bulletin showing the status of the various visa categories relative to preferences for countries around the world that have not over-applied to this system, as well as a breakdown for those countries that have overapplied. There are different waiting periods in these categories, depending on the backlog of previous applications globally and by country for certain high-demand countries. These waits are unpredictable and can change from month to month, as the waiting line depends on the number of people with prior priority dates on their approved applications who actually complete the process by the time the visa becomes available.

Go to online newsletter

The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)

Lamentablemente, algunos ciudadanos de los EE. UU. y residentes permanentes legales hacen mal uso del control de este proceso para abusar de los miembros de su familia o amenazan con denunciarlos ante el USCIS. Como resultado, la mayoría de los inmigrantes maltratados tienen miedo de denunciar el abuso a la policía u otras autoridades. En virtud de la Ley contra la Violencia contra la Mujer (VAWA) aprobada por el Congreso en 1994, los cónyuges e hijos de ciudadanos estadounidenses o residentes permanentes legales (LPR) pueden solicitar por sí mismos la obtención de la residencia permanente legal. Las disposiciones de inmigración de VAWA permiten a ciertos migrantes maltratados solicitar ayuda de migración sin la asistencia o el conocimiento del abusador, a fin de obtener una residencia permanente legal.

La naturalización es el proceso por el cual un residente permanente adquiere la ciudadanía de los EE. UU. Los requisitos generales son:

Five years of continuous residence (three years if married to a US citizen), of which at least half of the time must be physically in the United States.

90-day residency in a particular USCIS district prior to filing.

Ability to read, write and speak English.

Knowledge and understanding of US history and government.

Good moral reputation.

I support the principles of the US Constitution.

Continuous residence, physical presence, and good moral character are the most common requirements that applicants fail to meet.

Blog news

Our belief is that no one is illegal

When facing unique immigration challenges, a family and business immigration attorney who is not only experienced and knowledgeable, but also has a track record of success in securing visas for clients can help you.

How can I help you?
This website uses cookies to improve your web experience.