What is the Difference Between a U-Visa and a T-Visa?

U-Visas and T-Visas were created to make it easier for people who have been victims of crimes to get a Visa. Both of these visas help victims. They also require that the victim cooperate with the police officers. However, these two visas have different requirements.

What is the Difference Between the Two Visas?
If you have been a victim of human trafficking, then you can get a U-Visa or T-Visa. Many people do not realize that there is a difference between the two Visas. They also do not realize that there is a different application process for each visa.

What Are the Requirements That Need to Be Met in Order to Get a U-Visa?
You may qualify for a U-Visa if you have been a victim of one of the following crimes.

  • Abduction
  • Abusive sexual contact
  • Female genital mutilation
  • Kidnapping
  • Slave trade
  • Trafficking
  • Rape
  • Perjury

You will need to talk to an immigration lawyer Pasadena if you are interested in applying for a U-Visa because the process can be complex. You must be admissible in order to apply for a U-Visa, which means that you must not be barred from entering the United States due to past criminal history.

In order to get a T Visa, you must have been a victim of human trafficking. You must be in the United States because you were kidnapped and coerced into human trafficking. You should talk to an immigration visas lawyer before you apply for a Visa.

Contact an Immigration Visas Attorney
It is important that you understand immigration laws. Additionally, you will also have to send the appropriate documents in along with your application. By working with an attorney who specializes in these types of cases, you will have a better chance of getting approved for a visa if you have an immigrant visa lawyer Pasadena.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *