I-290B, Notice Of Appeal Or Motion

When you receive notice from USCIS that rules against you in a certain area, you have the right to file an appeal or motion to have the decision reviewed a second time in an effort to get the original decision reversed. To do so, you will need to file Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal or Motion. However, since there are times when this form can or cannot be used, it is important to understand the rules associated with your particular situation. If you fail to do so, you may lose out on the opportunity to have your case reviewed, which could ultimately impact your life as well as that of other family members. To ensure you take the correct steps during the process, always consult with an immigration appeal lawyer from Alami Law.

When to Use Form I-290B
When using Form I-290B, there are certain situations to do so. These include filing an appeal with the Administrative Appeals Office, filing a motion with the USCIS office that rendered the decision in your case, and when certain appeals need to be filed pertaining to the denial of an ICE issue with the Student and Visitor Exchange Program. To make sure everything is handled correctly, hire the services of an experienced immigration appeal attorney from Alami Law.

When Form I-290B Cannot be Used
Unfortunately, there are several situations where Form I-290B cannot be used. For example, if you are the beneficiary of a petition or want to file an appeal with the Board of Immigration Appeals, it cannot be used. Also, should you wish to appeal a “no risk” determination under the Adam Walsh Act or appeal a State Department denial of your U.S. visa application, Form I-290B will not be used. Finally, you cannot use this form if you are attempting to appeal a Special Agricultural Worker or Legalization application. When dealing with any of these situations, always trust an immigration lawyer Pasadena from Alami Law.

Filing Fee
When filing Form I-290B, it is important to remember the filing fee is $675. However, if you are a special immigrant Iraqi or Afghan national who worked on behalf of the U.S. government, this fee is not required.

Rather than make a mistake during this complex process, put your trust in an immigration appeal lawyer from Alami Law by scheduling an immediate consultation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *